THOR Thunderstorm is the fastest, most user friendly, best looking and sounding thunder and lightning system you can get. It integrates into your project by simply dragging a prefab into your scene. It gives you everything between light thunder rumbling to the most apocalyptic thunder and lightning strikes you have ever seen in Unity.
• High Compatibility (Built-In/SRP/URP/HDRP and third party assets)
• Automatic spawning of lightning
• Spawns randomly, in camera view or both
• Animated Lightning Bolts
• Animated Sheet Lightning
• Lightning Evolution
• Dynamic Spotlight with Shadows (optional)
• 26 High Quality Thunder Samples in 4 Distance Categories
• 3 Background Thunder Loops
• Automatic Pooling
• Zero Garbage Collection
• Very Low Overdraw
• Tidy Custom Inspector with Tooltips
Unlike procedurally generated lightning assets, THOR thunderstorm relies on simple shader tricks, clever texturing & modeling, and smart scripting to achieve its blazing fast performance, great looks, and sounds.
THOR Thunderstorm is used in the “Made With Unity” game D.R.O.N.E.
Note: Thor Thunderstorm is not a complete Weather System, it focuses on Thunder and Lightning only and excels in that field. It can be integrated easily in existing weather and sky solutions.
Asset version: 1.2